Tax Forms & Information
In the library:
- We have received a small selection of state and federal tax forms that you may pick up for free
- If you need a specific form that we don't have on hand library staff will help you find and print a copy for free (Limit 10 pages)
- Popular IRS Instruction booklets are available to check out or to view online (see below)
- You may checkout one of our laptop computers or use our wifi for free to file your returns onlineLibrary staff is neither permitted nor qualified to give tax advice.
How to get the federal tax materials you need:
Ask library staff for help with any of these options.
- Order FREE delivery by mail @ irs.gov/orderforms
- Order FREE delivery by mail by calling 1-800-829-3676
- Call 211 to see if you qualify for FREE tax preparation (no forms needed)
- Print forms/instructions from irs.gov
Federal Forms 1040 Instruction Book Schedule A Schedule C 1040-EZ Instruction Book 1040-ES Instructions with Form Michigan Forms MI-1040 Instruction Book Schedule NR Instructions with Form Homestead Tax Credit Instruction Book City of Lansing L-1040 Instruction Book
Tax Assistance Telephone Numbers
Federal 1-800-829-1040 1-800-829-4933 (For Business Assistance) 1-800-829-4477 (Recorded Information) 1-800-829-4059 (TDD) Michigan 517-636-4486 Lansing 517-483-4114
Tax Assistance Websites
Free Tax Help
My Free Taxes: Free tax preparation for Individuals or Households with less than $57,000 in adjusted gross income.
TaxHelp.org: Free tax help website with information and advice for filing taxes and a directory of tax preparers by area.
Call 211 or 866.561.2500, for individuals or families with $53,000 or less in income, to make an appointment for free tax help.
For individuals or families with $57,000 or less in income, efile your own taxes @ aicmidmichigan.org
Copyright 2014 DeWitt District Library 13101 Schavey Rd DeWitt, Michigan 48820 517-669-3156